SME News and Events
**Summer Office Hours: The Main Office will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm through June 15.
**Yearbooks: Yearbook distribution is Monday, June 1, 2020.
Time Intervals Monday, June 1, 2020
9:30am – 11:00am Class of 2020 (Seniors)
11:00am – 12:00pm Class of 2021 (Juniors)
12:30pm – 1:30pm Class of 2022 (Sophomores)
1:30pm – 2:30pm Class of 2023 (Freshmen)
5:00pm – 7:00pm Open Pick Up
Students who cannot attend during their assigned time can pick up their yearbook in the main office between 10am – 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays from June 3, 2020 thru June 15, 2020.
Thank you for your assistance in making this process run as smoothly as possible! We look forward to seeing each and every one of your smiling faces!
**Senior Final Transcripts: Final transcripts will be sent to colleges during the first week of June. Seniors may request an unofficial copy of their transcript for their own use beginning June 1st from the SME Registrar, Mrs. Lowe, at email@example.com.
**Seniors Fees - please be sure to get your fees/fines paid online so that your account is not sent to collections. Statements will be sent via email with amounts due. You may pay at https://www.smsd.org/families/pay-fees
**From Student Services:
- Summer School: Students may still enroll in Academy (credit recovery courses). Contact your counselor immediately for help enrolling. Click here to find your counselor.
- Schedules for 2020-21: If you would like to request a schedule change, email your counselor immediately. The deadline to request a change is August 3rd, however, changes will be more difficult after summer break. Click here to find your counselor.
- AP Make-up Exams and Info on Scores
- June ACT: This information has been posted on the ACT website: “During the week of May 26, we will notify students and announce all test center closings and cancelations for the June 13 test date. However, as ACT and other agencies navigate ongoing developments, testing at any test center is subject to change at any time between now and June 13, 2020.” For more information see the ACT website.
- Summer Enrichment Programs & Camps:
- Illinois Tech Pre-College Online: Online courses available in Cybersecurity, Game Design, Math Theory, Storytelling (via gaming), and even courses offering College Credit in Computational Science. Click here for more information.
- HS Navigator: Looking for a virtual summer program, camp, internship, tour or experience? Check out HS Navigator, a directory of over 2,000 summer opportunities.
And remember, it's always a great day to be a Lancer!