SME News and Events for January 20-24
Monday, January 20 – No School – Martin Luther King Day
Tuesday, January 21 – CAA Signature Programs Open House – 5:30 to 8:00 pm
SM East Daily Announcements: https://smeast.smsd.org/about/daily-announcements
SM East Building Calendar: https://smeast.smsd.org/about/calendar
SFL Sports Calendar: https://www.sunflowerleague.org/public/genie/403/school/12/
East Fund website: http://www.theeastfund.org/
PTSA website: https://smeast.smsd.org/families/pta
**SMSD 50th Anniversary Celebration: The Shawnee Mission School District will celebrate 50 years as a unified school district from 5-8 p.m. on Wednesday, January 22 at the Center for Academic Achievement (CAA) at our Friends & Food event. Families, staff, alumni, and community members are invited to attend this milestone celebration.
The event will include:
- Alumni guest chefs at five separate food stations creating food from the different decades of the past 50 years.
- Student musicians, vocalists, and performers who will entertain guests throughout the evening. Student artwork will be on display
- An opportunity to participate in SMSD Story Corps, where we will be recording guests’ memories and stories.
- Tours of the CAA and Signature Programs.
Tickets are $10 and children 10 and under are free. Order tickets at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friends-food-celebrating-shawnee-mission-school-districts-50th-tickets-82014785431
**Lancer Legacy 2020- Senior Wall Project
The East Fund is proud to announce the 6th installation of the Lancer Legacy - Senior Wall Project. 6x6 tiles are available for purchase that display your senior's first and last name, activities and/or phrase (20 characters or less including spaces) and background artwork. Each tile is printed in Lancer Blue with the background artwork in gray and will be mounted on a dedicated wall as a permanent fixture at SME. All proceeds will benefit the Love Fund. Order by February 1st for Discount Pricing. All Orders Must Be Received on or before Feb. 10th. Click here for form
**East Video Board: For Sponsorship Opportunity on our video board in support of The East Fund – see attached: East Fund Video Board Opportunity.pdf
**From Student Services:
Enrollment for 2021:
- Juniors received their 2020-21 enrollment materials during seminar on Thursday.
- Sophomores will receive enrollment information on January 23 in seminar.
- Freshmen will receive information on January 30 in seminar.
**FROM SHARE, SME's Student-led Volunteer Organization...TWO URGENT SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES!
- For additional ongoing volunteer opportunities, check our calendar here and contact email@example.com with questions. https://www.smeastshare.com/get_involved
**ZAPS Test Prep – SME hosting session Feb. 10 and 11. See attached for more information: ZAPS Focused Test Prep.pdf
And remember, it's always a great day to be a Lancer!