Student Services / Counseling
Schedule Change Requests
The deadline to submit a request was Thursday, Aug. 8th, at 3:00 p.m.
We are no longer able to accept requests for changes to fall and yearlong classes. (If you have questions about possible changes to spring semester courses, please see your counselor after school has started.)
All students must attend their course schedule as listed in Skyward on the first day of school.
If you have already submitted a request, you do not need to contact your counselor again. We will continue processing the requests that were submitted by the deadline. Please check your schedule in Skyward before school starts.
- If you have an open spot in your first semester schedule, please come to the counseling office during that period on the first day. Your counselor will work with you to choose a class.
- If you are a senior and you believe you are missing a course you need for graduation, please contact your counselor by email.
- If a teacher has asked you to be their lab assistant, please confirm that the teacher has contacted the principal, Dr. Sherman for approval. If your counselor receives approval from the principal, she will contact you about the application process. Lab aide positions must be initiated by the teacher.
Important: please keep in mind that counselors are continuing to move classes around, in order to reduce class sizes as much as possible for all students. That means the order of your classes may change between now and the beginning of the year, even if you have not requested a change. Please check your schedule again the day before school starts for any changes in the order of your classes.
Thanks for your patience and cooperation. We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Fall eSchool (online) courses
The following online courses may be taken outside the school day for initial credit or credit recovery: Health (9-12), Art History (9-12), Financial Literacy (10-12), Psychology (10-12), and Government (12). The following online courses may be taken for initial credit only: ELA 3 (sem 1), ELA 4 (sem 1), or US History (sem 1).
Important: Both student and parent must read all of the information on the eSchool website before the student attends one of the mandatory orientation sessions (see dates below).
Enrollment for fall eSchool classes begins on Mon., August 5th.
Enrollment forms are available in the SME Student Services / Counseling office, 7:00 a.m.-3:20 p.m.
Courses are taken outside the school day.
Cost is $180 per semester and payment must be made at the time of registration (when the completed enrollment form is returned) by cash, check, or credit card.
All students must attend one mandatory orientation meeting:
August 28, 6:00-7:00 p.m. @ Horizons, or
September 5, 6:00-7:00 p.m. @ Horizons
Deadline to enroll is Friday, August 30th.
All students must take a supervised final exam on Dec. 3, 3:00-7:00 @ Horizons.
If you have course questions, contact your teacher directly.
Dual credit, or concurrent credit, is college credit that is earned concurrently with high school course credit in a particular class.
Here are two important reminders:
- APPLY – First-time College Now students will need to apply for admission. Please select ‘Summer/Fall’ application term if you are planning to take College Now classes this fall. See details instructions below.
- TEST - Many students may need to take a placement test, or send ACT scores to JCCC. Review the CollegeNow class schedule below for courses that may require testing or ACT scores. If you previously took the ACT test, ask the SME registrar to send your transcript to JCCC.
Detailed instructions for students new to College Now.
Instructions for students continuing with College Now.
Use this complete Enrollment Guide for step-by-step instructions on how to enroll and click here for the course schedules and numbers: 2019 FALL & Yearlong College Now Course Schedules
For the SME College Algebra Trig course, please see
All schedule change requests for 2019-20 must be submitted using this Google Form.
The deadline to submit a request is Thursday, Aug. 8th, at 3:00 p.m., but students are strongly encouraged to submit requests as soon as possible.
Requests will be addressed in the order they were submitted. Please check the email address used when submitting the request for messages from your counselor