Student Services / Counseling
ALL students: even if you have not requested a schedule change, please check Skyward before coming to school on Monday to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of your schedule. We have recently moved the order of some students' classes in an effort to reduce class sizes.
The deadline to request schedule changes was Thursday, Aug. 9th, at 3:00 p.m.
All students need to attend the courses in their schedule in Skyward on Monday.
If you requested a change prior to the deadline, please check your email for a reply from your counselor before school starts.
If you believe there is an error in your schedule (missing class, wrong grade level, haven't taken the pre-requisite, have already taken the class, etc.), please send your counselor an email.
Fall eSchool (online) courses
The following online courses may be taken for initial credit: Health (9-12), Lifetime Fitness (9-12), Art History (9-12), Financial Literacy (10-12), Psychology (10-12), and Government (12).
- Enrollment for fall eSchool classes begins on Mon., August 6th.
- Enrollment forms are available in the SME Student Services / Counseling office, 7:00 a.m.-3:20 p.m.
- Courses are taken outside the school day.
- Cost is $180 per semester and payment must be made at the time of registration (when the completed enrollment form is returned) by cash, check, or credit card.
- All students must attend one mandatory orientation meeting:
August 29, 6:00-7:00 p.m. @ SM East cafeteria, or
September 6, 6:00-7:00 p.m. @ SM West cafeteria
- Deadline to enroll is Friday, August 31st.
For additional details, see the district's eSchool site.
(To enroll in one of these online courses during the school day, in periods 1-7, email your counselor no later than Thurs., Aug. 9th. There is no fee for online courses taken during the school day.)
Friday, August 10, 7:40 a.m.- 2:40 p.m. - Welcome New Lancers!
- A Link Crew member will reach out to you before August 10th with more information. If you don't hear from someone before then, just go to the SME cafeteria on Friday morning (by 7:40 a.m.) and they'll get you checked in.
- Leave everything in your locker except your schedule. If you don't yet know your locker and/or combination, you may leave your belongings in the Student Services office.
- You may bring your own lunch or purchase lunch in the cafeteria.
- Wear comfortable clothing and be ready to have fun!
See our SME College Planning page for information about applying, transcripts, test scores, financial aid, scholarships.
And mark your calendars for the:
SME College Planning Presentation
Wed. Aug. 29th
We'll have college admissions representatives from KU and Drake here to discuss details of college planning basics, admissions criteria, deadlines, and finding the right fit when applying to college.
Juniors, seniors, and their parents will find the information especially useful, but all grade levels are welcome.
East For Excellence
Wednesdays and Thursdays ONLY
**Watch for beginning dates in the Announcements**
3:00-4:00 PM in the Library
English, Science, Social Studies, Math and World Language
Late bus leaves at 4:15PM
Teacher Sponsor: Kelsey Swiggart
Students check in at the library and will be directed to a classroom for some subjects
Due to school scheduling, E4E may not be offered on some days.
(Check announcements for cancellations.)
Student's last name A-Fo
Student's last name Fr-L
Student's last name M-Sg
Student's last name Sh-Z