Private School Shadow Days
As a courtesy, we are sometimes able to offer a limited number of shadowing opportunities during the 2nd and 3rd quarters only of each school year for 8th graders currently attending a non-SMSD school.
Parents may request a shadow visit by submitting a completed application. Link to application: RevisedShadowFORM.pdf
If approved to shadow:
- The 8th grade student will shadow a Link Leader assigned by SME.
- We are unable to honor requests for students to shadow a specific SME student.
- The 8th grade student will shadow only on a date listed on the request form and only during the times listed on the request form.
- We are not able to offer shadowing opportunities during the 4th quarter because our students are taking and preparing for a variety of exams and are also involved in many end-of-year activities.
Thank you for understanding that we are not able to deviate from these arrangements.
More ways to learn about SME:
- Click this link to take a "virtual" tour of SME.
- Families of students currently attending private or public schools who would like more information about SM East may also contact the main office at 913-993-6600.