SME CEEB code: 172473
Register online at ACT
Tests are administered at other local high schools (not SME). You can view available locations during the registration process.
Registration Dates & Deadlines
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|September 8, 2018**||August 10, 2018||August 11-26, 2018|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||September 29-October 14, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 3-19, 2018|
|February 9, 2019*||January 11, 2019||January 12-18, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 9-25, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4-20, 2019|
Administered at SME on Wed., Oct. 10, 2018
- All sophomores will take the PSAT on Oct. 10th
- No registration is required
- There is no fee for the sophomore PSAT
- The sophomore PSAT is for practice only and the score is not reported anywhere or used for any type of scholarship or college admissions.
On Oct. 10th, juniors may choose to re-take the PSAT or take a Locally-score (practice) ACT
- Junior PSAT
- Fee is $19
- Students must register themselves online at Total Registration
- Registration information and deadline will be announced in September
- The PSAT junior year score is used for college admissions and scholarships and enters students in the National Merit scholarship competition.
- Students must take the PSAT in their junior year in order to entered in the National Merit competition and be considered for other scholarships (the sophomore year PSAT score is for practice only).
- Recommended for students who intend to apply to selective colleges and universities
- Locally-scored (practice) ACT
- No fee for the Oct. 10th ACT and no registration is required (any junior who does not register and pay to take the PSAT will take the ACT)
- Locally-scored ACT is for practice only and the score is not included on a student's SME transcript and is not reported anywhere
- Provides a baseline score and feedback to help prepare students for the real ACT
- Recommended for students who are not intending to apply to selective colleges or universities and would like additional practice before taking the real ACT
- Junior PSAT
Register online at College Board
Tests are administered at SME and other local schools. You can view available locations during the registration process.
|SAT Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Deadline for Changes|
|Aug. 25, 2018||July 27, 2018||
||August 15, 2018|
|Oct. 6, 2018||September 7, 2018||
||September 26, 2018|
|Nov. 3, 2018||October 5, 2018||
||October 24, 2018|
|Dec. 1, 2018||November 2, 2018||
||November 20, 2018|
|March 9, 2019||February 8, 2019||
||February 27, 2019|
|May 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||
||April 24, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 3, 2019||
||May 22, 2019|
Registration for May 2019 AP Exams will begin in spring semester.
Students will receive more information in their AP classes about the registration process in January, 2019.
Use the College Board website to view your AP scores and to send your AP scores to colleges.
SME does not include AP scores on transcripts and does not send score reports to colleges or universities, so students need to access their College Board account in order to view and send their AP scores.
Having trouble logging in or viewing your scores? See the AP Frequently Asked Questions and the account help and troubleshooting resources on the College Board website.
Earning college credit from AP tests
Use the College Board's credit policy search tool to find colleges and universities that offer credit or placement for AP scores.
Choosing which AP courses to take
See the College Board for more information about the benefits of taking AP courses and deciding which AP courses may be right for you.
SME free online ACT Test Prep course
Check here for updates on the next start date for this interactive, 8-week course
Doorway to College
In-person instruction at SMNW and other local sites
The Princeton Review
Test prep and tutoring assistance, along with information and advice about college admission.
Comprehensive site that includes college search and financial aid tools, along with test prep for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT.
Highly reviewed and one of the fastest-growing test prep companies in the U.S.
Highly rated professional tutoring.
Founded by two recent college graduates who had difficulty finding the test prep resources they wanted.
Method Test Prep
Online teacher-led prep courses, with a variety of options (mini "cram" classes, as well as more thorough, lengthier courses).
The College Board
Official site of the PSAT and SAT. Includes free practice tests and links to free Khan Academy test prep, along with options for fee-based study guides and online courses. Also provides tips and study strategies and info on college search.