Testing - click on AP tab below for AP Test information
Score reports from the April 2nd ACT at SME:
Students who took the ACT at SME should have received their paper score report in the mail.
If you do not yet have an ACT account, you will use it to create an online account with ACT. You will use the account to view and send your scores to colleges.
Students who already have an ACT account (because they took a Saturday ACT or have registered for a future Saturday ACT), should NOT create an additional account when their April 2nd ACT scores arrive in the mail. Your scores will be visible in your account within 1-2 days after you receive your score report. We will not be able to provide ACT scores to students at SME.
For Saturday testing, register online at ACT.
Saturday tests are administered at other local high schools (not SME). You can view available locations during the registration process.
SM East CEEB Code: 172473
Registration Dates & Deadlines
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|September 8, 2018**||August 10, 2018||August 11-26, 2018|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||September 29-October 14, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 3-19, 2018|
|February 9, 2019*||January 11, 2019||January 12-18, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 9-25, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4-20, 2019|
Scores will be released sometime in early- to mid-December.
- Students who entered a valid email address on their answer sheet when they took the test will receive an email from College Board in December that includes a link to the score website and an access code they’ll enter on the site.
- Students who do not receive the email and code may access their scores by creating a College Board account. (Students should not create more than one College Board account, to avoid errors in score reporting.)
- All SME students (sophomores and juniors) took the PSAT/NMSQT on Oct. 10th. (Sophomores did NOT take the "PSAT 10".)
- More information on accessing scores is available on the College Board website.
AP exams begin Monday, May 6. Students have already received an email with their exam schedule.
- All exams are at SME.
- Exams show the location for your exam, and the time the exam begins. However, you are expected to arrive to school on time by 7:40AM, even on exam days. If you arrive after 8AM for morning exams or 12PM for afternoon exams, you may not be admitted, and no refund will be issued. The office has been notified of the times you are testing, for attendance purposes.
- If you are taking 2 exams in one day, please bring a lunch you can eat between exams easily and without preparation, as time will be tight.
- All students welcome to bring a snack and a drink for the break between sections when you are testing.
- Most tests are held in either the Main Gym or the Auxiliary Gym or 413B, which is around the corner from the library entrance. On your test day/time, report to the room assigned in the schedule I sent you yesterday. If you have a room assignment other than these 3, please report to the counseling center on 4th floor, and we will direct you to your test.
Remember the following:
- Bring 2 sharpened number 2 pencils with erasers attached. No separate erasers allowed.
- Bring 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, as this is a requirement on some exams.
- You may bring a standard watch. It may not beep or have an alarm, however. We will have clocks, but many of the tests are in gyms, where it could be difficult to see them.
- Calculators are allowed in these tests: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics 2. You can go to apstudents.org/calculators and apstudents.org/courses for more information. You may bring 2 calculators, but are not able to share calculators. You are responsible to bring your own calculator. We will not have back-ups for your use. If you choose not to bring one or choose not to use one, you will be asked to sign a "Calculator Release Statement."
- A driver's license or school photo ID.
- AP Physics students only: a ruler or straightedge
- Any technology you have that has internet connectivity is not allowed in the testing room. Please power down and remove smart watches and phones from your person and store in your backpack. You will not be able to access these until dismissed from the test.
Make sure you go to bed early, eat a good breakfast, bring a good snack, arrive on time, and you'll be great! You've prepared all year for this, and we look forward to hearing how your hard work has paid off. Good luck! Any questions, contact me!
AP Coordinator Melissa Wiles.
Use the College Board website to view your AP scores and to send your AP scores to colleges.
SME does not include AP scores on transcripts and does not send score reports to colleges or universities, so students need to access their College Board account in order to view and send their AP scores.
SM East CEEB Code: 172473
Having trouble logging in or viewing your scores? See the AP Frequently Asked Questions and the account help and troubleshooting resources on the College Board website.
Earning college credit from AP tests
Use the College Board's credit policy search tool to find colleges and universities that offer credit or placement for AP scores.
Choosing which AP courses to take
See the College Board for more information about the benefits of taking AP courses and deciding which AP courses may be right for you.
Free SME Online, Self-paced ACT Test Prep Course in Google Classroom!
- Free to all SME students and families.
- Students typically begin taking the ACT in their junior year, however, all students may use this prep course.
- Course is now open for students preparing for the Oct 27th ACT.
- Students can become students by entering the code qxadcsf. This will guide them through a process of learning about the test, taking practice assessments, and completing 3 full length ACT tests.
- If you have any questions, please let Mr. Barikmo (Instructional Coach) know by emailing him at Kristofferbarikmo@smsd.org.
(Note: Links to these resources are for information only. Care has been taken in providing these links as suitable resources. However, due to the changing nature of Internet content, it is the responsibility of the users to make their own investigations and decisions about the information retrieved from other sites. Providing these links does not imply any endorsement or support of these entities.)
Doorway to College
In-person instruction at SMNW and other local sites
The Princeton Review
Test prep and tutoring assistance, along with information and advice about college admission.
Comprehensive site that includes college search and financial aid tools, along with test prep for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT.
Highly reviewed and one of the fastest-growing test prep companies in the U.S.
Highly rated professional tutoring.
Founded by two recent college graduates who had difficulty finding the test prep resources they wanted.
Method Test Prep
Online teacher-led prep courses, with a variety of options (mini "cram" classes, as well as more thorough, lengthier courses).
The College Board
Official site of the PSAT and SAT. Includes free practice tests and links to free Khan Academy test prep, along with options for fee-based study guides and online courses. Also provides tips and study strategies and info on college search.
Register online at College Board
Tests are administered at SME and other local schools. You can view available locations during the registration process.
SM East CEEB Code: 172473
|SAT Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Deadline for Changes|
|Aug. 25, 2018||July 27, 2018||
||August 15, 2018|
|Oct. 6, 2018||September 7, 2018||
||September 26, 2018|
|Nov. 3, 2018||October 5, 2018||
||October 24, 2018|
|Dec. 1, 2018||November 2, 2018||
||November 20, 2018|
|March 9, 2019||February 8, 2019||
||February 27, 2019|
|May 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||
||April 24, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 3, 2019||
||May 22, 2019|