- How do I have a transcript sent to a college or university?
- Do I need to send a transcript to all of the colleges I’m applying to?
- How do I know whether a college or university needs a transcript?
- What about transcripts for scholarship applications and other programs?
- How do I have my transcript sent to the NCAA?
- Will you send my final transcript to the college I’m attending after I graduate?
You must see the SME registrar first for all transcript submission methods (mailed, electronic, or uploaded).
If you are applying to a school via Common App or SendEdu, your counselor will upload your transcript and each college will download it only after you have submitted your application to that college.
Some schools allow your counselor to upload your transcript directly to their portal. Discuss this with the registrar when you sign your transcript release card and she will let your counselor know.
For all other application methods, the registrar will send your transcript to the college or university.
Some scholarships, honors programs (e.g. KU Honors Program) and other special programs do require a transcript, even if you don’t need to submit one with your general application for admission.
Check details of these programs; some will allow you to upload an unofficial transcript. If they need an official transcript sent directly, see the registrar.